Manuplas is an environmentally aware company where environmental responsibilities are taken very seriously.
Our recent significant annual growth has seen waste material quadruple in the last 3 years. This has resulted in Manuplas aiming to become a carbon neutral company. Through successful R&D we have already reduced the impact our expanding operations has on the environment by implementing:
- Recycling of all types of foam with a special emphasis on Polyethylene and Polystyrene (EPS) foam types
- Investment in state of the art compacting equipment to convert current waste into a format that can be recycled in numerous resourceful ways including fuel sources, polymer resin fillers and the integration into existing Manuplas product types.
These developments in foam recycling usign the compactor are significantly reducing Manuplas’ waste removal costs. Manuplas are also benefiting local attractions such as Dartmoor Zoo, by donating their recycled compacted foam logs to them free of charge. Dartmoor Zoo is using Manuplas’ logs for landscaping as well as to line their shooting range due to the high impact absorbancy of the logs. The Zoo relies on such donations to make projects possible as they could not afford to buy all of the materials themselves.
Manuplas’ recycling initative will help to reduce the need for future land fill sites in the South West.
To find out more about how we may be able to work with you by using our recycling facilities to benefit both your business and the environment, please call us on +44 (0) 1752 771740 or send us a brief outline of your requirements using our Contact form. Manuplas will only accept foam for recycling if a scheduled appointment for delivery has been made. The foam must also meet the following criteria if it is to be accepted by Manupas:
- The foam type must be XPE, EPS, EPE or EPP
- Foam must be free from dirt, moisture, and contamination
- Foam must be containerised and not loose
- Foam must be segregated
- Additional charges will be levied for unsuitable materials
Fresh from the printers is our New Manu-Cast Brochure. Please Click here to download our brochure. Manu-Cast is our seamless cast...
Manuplas will exhibit expertise in manufaturing seamless tooling blocks. Our join free castings for patterns and moulds can be...
Thank you for visiting us at All Energy 2012! If you didn’t get chance to attend please download our NEW Renewables Brochure...